Wednesday, May 13, 2020

Chicken Hopscotch

My daughter and I were playing hopscotch the other day when my youngest threw a pretend chicken at us and it landed on one of the boxes. My oldest hopped out to get it and hopped back. She said we should start tossing the chicken and then hop out to it and bring it back. So we did this for a little while. Then I thought about one of her PE teachers lesson for the week. In his lesson he added a fitness consequence to his throwing game. When he missed a throw he would have to do jumping jacks. I decided to use that same idea and add it to our game. You will in the video that Avery would get three tosses. If the chicken landed in a box. She would hop out and hop back. We also added numbers to our boxes. If the number in the box was 5 I would have to do 5 jumping jacks. I could do them either right away or wait until she was done tossing. If I choose to wait I have make sure to add up the points and do the same number of jacks to her points. For example: if the chicken landed in 5, 7, and 2. I would have to do 14 total jumping jacks. If the chicken doesn't land in a box that would be zero. You can do any exercise push ups, lounges, sit ups, squats, laps around the house or burpees. 
We hope you like this game.

No comments:

Post a Comment